This event showcased the best of the best in model aircraft, from world class pilots and drivers to some of the best models in the world including:
- Formula 1 Air Race
- High speed Pylon Racing at over 320km/h
- Best Scale Models in the World
- Unbelievable Aerobatics
- Extreme Helicopters
Catch some of the exciting action of the event on the video.
The Sustainable Edge: What we did
Sustainable Marketing Services put together a fully integrated event marketing, public relations and event management strategy that included:
- National coverage on TV
- Advertorials in industry magazines such as RCM and Airborne
- Promotion in the MAAA in-house digital magazine Wingspan created by us
- Radio advertising on GoldFM
- Dedicated campaign website attracting thousands of visitors
- Facebook promotion
- Marketing program
The Sustainable Edge: What they got
A key objective of the MAAA event was to raise awareness of the association with families and attract the next generation of aeromodellers
Another key objective was to raise the profile of aeromodelling as a sport with a wider audience.
The results speak for themselves:
- Approximately 3,500 people visited the event
- The majority of visitors were families and there was 20% increase on 2015 numbers
- The event generated National TV coverage (see the coverage here)
- The event showcased the sport of aeromodelling to Melbournians
- Over 7,300 unique visitors to the Sandown Campaign Website
- Word of mouth feedback that the event was a resounding success
The F-1 Air Race at Sandown took six months of planning but not every marketing event needs to be on that scale. Even a small event can boost awareness of your brand, a build a valuable connection with your target audience.
Book in for a coffee and an informal chat about how Sustainable Marketing Services can help you organize your next marketing event.